Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Raisa's Recap - Fantastic Teen Reads at Books of Wonder

Hello everyone! I am back from my hiatus that I call the end of sophomore year. It is over. And now I am free to read. To celebrate my end of semester, I decided to go to a book signing at Books of Wonder for Fantastic Teen Reads, featuring Roshani Chokshi, Sarah Mccarry, Marie Rutkoski (who teaches at my college; I found out!), and Renee Ahdieh. 


Because several hours before this panel, I was taking a 14-page Japanese final with 4-hours of sleep and exhaustion from previous finals, this was how I felt most of the day

But after I finished the final...

I had an awesome time at the panel, and I even got pictures with the authors - Roshani Chokshi wrote The Star Touched Queen and Renee Ahdieh, author of The Wrath and the Dawn. I just finished TWATD a few days ago, AND I LOVED IT. I wish I got the sequel, The Rose and The Dagger. Can't wait to pick up STQ! Listening to the authors talk about their books, where they got their inspiration from, and some words of wisdom for prospective writers/authors certainly was great. 



Aren't they beautiful? 
I even got to meet some of my book buddies - Mariam, Brittany, and Alexandra, too! Here's a group photo from the night.


It definitely was an awesome start to summer! What are your plans for the summer? Plan to go to any conventions or signings? Meet any authors? Read books all day? Visit new countries?

I for one am glad to be back to blogging, although I certainly have a lot of books to review and posts to catch up on. And I might even start a travel blog for my future travels. This will be one exciting summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment