Wednesday, October 30, 2019

[Review] The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory

The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory 

Series: The Wedding Date #3
Rating: 4 stars

Published: July 16th 2019

Goodreads Synopsis:
Maddie and Theo have two things in common:
1. Alexa is their best friend
2. They hate each other
After an “Oops, we made a mistake” kiss, neither one can stop thinking about the other. With Alexa’s wedding rapidly approaching, Maddie and Theo both share bridal party responsibilities that require more interaction with each other than they’re comfortable with. Underneath the sharp barbs they toss at each other is a simmering attraction that won’t fade. It builds until they find themselves sneaking off together to release some tension when Alexa isn’t looking.
But as with any engagement with a nemesis, there are unspoken rules that must be abided by. First and foremost, don’t fall in love.

The Wedding Party just reminded me how much I adore romances? This was so cute.

Theo and Maddie are complete opposites (supposedly), but must work together for the sake of their best friend Alexa's wedding in a few months! When they first meet after some time, sparks fly, and they assure each other it won't happen again... until it keeps on happening. They devise up a plan to stop this little arrangement the moment Alexa gets married, but they don't take into consideration the feelings that emerge.

If emojis were possible on Blogspot I'd give a decent amount of hot peppers. There was certainly no beating around the bush when it came to sex. The spicy text messages back and forth had to be my favorite part. Also just all the tension between Theo and Maddie... damn. 

But even better was just watching the initial hatred fall apart and seeing them fall slowly in love with each other. The mutual respect that each one had was super great to see - I love supportive couples! 

And Maddie's inner strength was something to commend. Gotta love a heroine who won't change for a man! 

"Plus, I've given up on men - they all think I'm going to be some party girl when they start dating me, because of how I look and dress, but then they get to know me and discover I have a personality and ambitions and am actually kind of a homebody, and they freak out. I thought about changing the way I look and dress to make it clear who I am, but fuck that. I like the way I look and I like my clothes. I don't want to change that for a man." - p. 116 - 117

This book had tension and angst and all these spicy moments in just the right amounts! I do want to read the other series by Guillory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment