Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pokemon Go Book Tag

The Pokemon Go Book Tag was created by Aentee @ Read at Midnight, and I was tagged, so I'm looking forward to this! 
(Graphics are created by Aentee)


This sounds like a generic answer but I started reading intensely because of Harry Potter. The fifth book I finished in three days. I was obsessed with this series.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a book that resounded with me strongly in high school. Even looking back on it, and I would like to reread it one day, it's a book that is full life lessons that people of all ages can relate to.

I read Percy Jackson and the Olympians in middle school. That was roughly... 9-10 years ago. Ever since then I've seen spinoffs and different characters and series. I have no clue what's going on with that anymore and I've lost count of all the different series since then. Original PJO for me. 

When I first read it, Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo reminded me of a bunch of different books (Harry Potter, Hunger Games), because of the characters and plot. But I love this series to pieces, so that doesn't matter, does it? 
The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima is not a series of "sheer size", but 5 books that are 400+ pages each is a lot of reading, so I would prefer to read individual standalones.

I was on a cruise ship, and the rest of my family was asleep while I was staying up to read And I Darken by Kiersten White. This book was one of those "I can't put it down" books and I came back to my room late because of it!

I actually ship Draco/Hermione from Harry Potter (all the Ron/Hermione fans don't attack me GOSH), Nikolai/Alina from The Grisha trilogy (Mal/Alina fans don't attack me either), Kel/Lila from Shades of Magic, David/Harper from Rebel Belle, Aldrik/Vhalla and Elecia/Jax from Air Awakens, Darren/Ryiah from The Black Mage, Shazi/Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn. I ship a lot so this is like a fraction of my ships MUWHAHA. 

Red Rising by Pierce Brown had me on the edge of my chair at all times! I know if I start Golden Son I will have that problem again. It was just so good and full of tensions. Maybe I'll reread before I start the sequel, though I know everything already.

Leigh Bardugo can continue making spinoffs and new series for Ravka and Ketterdam or whatever they call that world and I totally wouldn't mind. I'm starting Six of Crows when I get it in the mail most definitely!

Did not expect to like The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine but I was rooting for Elli from beginning to end. The girl had determination, even if she *spoilers* lost two of her fingers in the process.

The Harry Potter books with Hogwarts on the spine! Or the ones with Slytherin colors! Mine are so beat up; I wish I could afford the new ones. 

This is gonna be a large list. Caraval by Stephanie Garber, A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter, The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis, Timekeeper by Tara Sim, and Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. 

Trying to collect all the Victoria Schwab books out there, Ryan Graudin, Ruta Sepetys, Leigh Bardugo, the list keeps on growing as I discover authors I really like.

The Last Stand by Rachel Carter. I keep on speed reading through her books because the Ryiah/Darren moments give me so many tears (in a good way). I really want to see how this series ends! I hope it comes soon! 

I'm Team Mystic in Pokemon Go! What about you? 

1 comment:

  1. Eeeep you know The Black Mage! I love Rachel and her books, and Darren/Ryiah is such a fun couple. I can't wait for Last Stand! She's been teasing us mercilessly, that woman.

    I also really wanted Nikolai and Alina to get together, as I found Mal to be rather... bleh.

    ReplyDelete