Sunday, August 7, 2016

#ARCAugust Week 1 Update


August 1 - August 6

Book 1 - Fear the Drowning Deep
The Isle of Man mythology was something I haven't heard of, until I picked up this book. It's basically a darker version of The Little Mermaid (and it's genderswapped too!). So there was the insta-romance I had to deal with, but other than that, it was a fine read.

Book 2 - We Are Still Tornadoes 
A contemporary that takes place in college! And you usually have contemps that take place in high school, so this was much more relatable. The letter-writing format allowed me to connect with the characters clearly and their experiences over the course of their first-year resounded in me, too. 


Both ARCs were enjoyable and will be featured in ARC reviews coming in September and October. I took time after to read Golden Son, but the next book I'm reading is...


and


How is your #ARCAugust coming along?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I loved THE READER and my next arc read will probably be FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP :) Also I hope you love BLOOD FOR BLOOD... I really need to start that series!

    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete