Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (3) - Messenger of Fear

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant

Publication Date: September 23, 2014






Goodreads summary:

Mara wakes in a field of dead grass, a heavy mist pressing down on her. She is terrified, afraid that she is dead. Then a beautiful young man dressed in black appears. He calls himself Messenger of Fear.

This boy is able to move effortlessly through space and time. He also sees the darkness in human hearts. He sees the evils done: the destructive lies, the cruelty, the bullying, the violence. And if the world does not bring justice to those who do evil, he will. He offers the wicked a game. If they win, they go free. If they lose, they will live their greatest fear. Either way, their sanity will be challenged.

It is a world of fair but harsh justice. Of retribution and redemption. And mystery. Why was Mara chosen to be the Messenger’s apprentice? What has she done to deserve this terrible fate? She won’t find out until three of the wicked receive justice. And when she does, she will be shattered.

Why Messenger?

This book sounds so interesting! It's a concept that hasn't really appeared before in books and the summary instantly drew me when I first read it. I love stories with plots in which the main character is questioning their situation, because it allows me to discover with them the answers to the questions that are posed. (And also the book is written by Michael Grant. The author who wrote the Gone series. Which is one of my all time favorites. So I will definitely be reading this when it comes out.)

I found this alternate cover on Goodreads (I believe it is the UK edition) and I have to say that I like this one a lot better than the US edition. I'll probably order it on Book Depository so I can have this cover instead. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEE michael grant! I think his books are amazing and im so glad he's starting another series! :) Also i hadn't seen the UK cover, but i agree with you, I think i'll buy it there instead.

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Micheal Grant as well, but i'm a fan of the US cover. Probably because it is blue. Thanks for sharing. Here is my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete