Sunday, July 26, 2015

[Guest Post] Bookish Tattoos

The Summer Blogger Promo Tour is an annual tour hosted by The Book Bratz, where we feature a different blogger each Sunday in July and August. For today's SBPT, we have Lauren from The Tattooed Biblio talking about her many bookish tattoos!


Besides my obvious love for books, my other passion/obsession is tattoos. I don't see many tattooed readers out there, but I am seeing plenty of amazing quotes from distinguished authors being tattooed becoming more prevalent in society. I am not a biker chick (though I do love some Harleys), I've never been to jail, but once I did get a speeding ticket. Many people still judge others by their tattoos. If I am being judged, my guess is I look like a hardcore librarian. All of my tattoos are extremely personal and almost all of them are book related.



(click to enlarge)

These are just a few of my tattoos. The quote on the skull is from Victor Hugo's Les Misérables that reads, "It is nothing to die. It is frightful not to live." I got that tattoo after my grandmother passed away from breast cancer. Another quote on my inner arm is from Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale that reads, "Nolite te bastardes carborundorum," which is mock-Latin for "Don't let the bastards grind you down." I got that tattoo so I will always remember to respect myself. Lastly, there is a quote on my back from Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five reading, "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." I got that tattoo after a 7 year relationship ended. The old school typewriter was simply a choice I made for the love of authors. Readers love books, but sometimes forget to love the author. I like to do my research on my favorite authors and that tattoo reminds me of the hardships they've endured and gives me a glimpse into the life of an author. These are just a few of my tattoos, and hopefully I'll have many more to come!





Lauren is a tattooed bibliophile with a thirst for literature and the more bookish things in life. She spends her free time with her nerdy boyfriend and her weeny dog. There are too many favorite authors to list, but she enjoys a variety of genres including, but not limited to.. historical fiction, horror, apocalyptic, dystopian, science fiction, fantasy, memoirs, and the classics. She hopes to one day time travel, live in a different country, get a bookish job, and most importantly... own enough bookshelves to hold all of her books.

1 comment: