Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (5) - Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a an original feature/ weekly meme that was created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is presented and this week's is:

Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To

Yiling's Picks
Oh man 2014 had so many great books that I meant to read but (unfortunately) didn't have enough time for. (So many books, so little time!)

1. The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1) by Marie Rutkoski
I heard so many great things about this book and it immediately came to my mind when I saw this week's topic. I'm still pining for a copy of this book (and enough time to read it of course)

2. Messenger of Fear (Messenger of Fear #1) by Michael Grant
I actually featured this book before in a Waiting on Wednesday. (which you can check out here) Sadly I still have not gotten to it but I hope to fixed this soon!

3. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare
There's so many books in the Mortal Instruments world and I think that with all of the new spinoffs of the series being announced that I just put this one out of my mind?? I did start it and I loved it, but then I started college and just had no time to finish the book. But here's to hoping that I finish it in 2015! *fingers crossed*

4. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi
Another series that I have yet to finish but can't wait until I do. I'm afraid that I won't remember what happened in the first two books but maybe when I start reading it I'll remember everything? (Also I think that I read a spoiler about this book but I'm hoping that it was false)

5. Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch
The summary sounds so interesting! It's been a while since I read anything high fantasy but the premise sounds so appealing and I have a feeling that I'm going to love it when I read it.


Alice's Picks
1. Talon (Talon #1) by Julie Kagawa
Okay, I am so ashamed by this! Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors and I was looking forward to Talon for a while. I actually started it, but then college took over and I never had the chance to finish it. But I WILL read it!

2. Atlantia by Ally Condie
Based on the title and synopsis, this seems to take from the legend of the lost city of Atlantis and I have always been fascinated by that. Besides that, this book has gotten some rave reviews!

3. Defy (Defy #1) by Sara B. Larson
A prince and a sorcerer? Yes, please! I enjoy reading books that involve some type of magic in it, which is probably why I read a lot of fantasy. And that cover! It's simple yet gorgeous; the colors are very eye catching. I'll be the first to admit that I do judge a book by it's cover sometimes!

4. Death Sworn (Death Sworn #1) by Leah Cypess
Ever since Poison Study, I have become fascinated with assassins in YA literature, especially in fantasy novels (think GracelingGrave Mercy).

5. Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes #1) by Sara Raasch
This is on Yiling's list as well, but unfortunately I also didn't get to read it. However, I have the book so I'll definitely finish it in 2015! This book is also considered "similar" by goodreads to The Kiss of Deception, which I really enjoyed so I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to get to Talon as well as I loved the Iron Fey books!

    ReplyDelete